Monday, August 20, 2007

Italian Teapot

At last I’m back to my daily paintings and at the DP gallery! Had a fabulous vacation in the States, though no time whatsoever for painting or even sketching.
We visited Chicago for a day where I had the pleasure of seeing the “Cloudgate
-called the “Bean” by the locals - the fascinating reflecting sculpture which Karin Jurick painted a while ago. Awesome! Some of you might know which picture I mean. For the time being I will be painting a series of teapots, as I want to see which one I finally choose to paint for a commission I have to do. Besides that I am working on some life size portraits that have been standing in my studio unfinished for quite some time now. Time I needed in order to know how to go on with them. I’ll post those in a while.


Italian Teapot by Liza Hirst

Painting of the day
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé

sold - verkauft - vendu

3 comments:

wanda knight said...

Glad to have you back on your blog. I have been checking each day for your return. Imagine my surprise when I discover that we are both painting teapots. I really like the strong color on this.

Liza Hirst said...

Hi Wanda,
Thank you so much for your nice welcome! I'm very happy myself that I finally got going again - there were so many obstacles keeping me from it for too long...
Yes, I also noticed your yellow teapot and was glad that I didn't give mine the same title, which was close. I really like your "Kentucky Hills". So much depth!

annechovie said...

Welcome back, Liza! I am glad you had a nice vacation. Great to see your teapot series - fabulous!