Friday, May 23, 2008

London Lips

My mum said: "I just had a look at your painting "London lips". Like the painting and the colours very much, a bit looser than usual, but I can't quite understand the red lips in the middle of it."

A photograph my son took while sitting in the bus (reflected in the window) to the airport in London inspired me for this painting. I loved the colour composition, the contrast of the blue-green background with the red of the big lip sculpture exhibited in the showroom. I have painted several photographs of his in the past - I think he has a good eye.


London Lips by Liza Hirst

oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
100 Euro + 10 Euro s/h

If you would like to buy this painting for 100 Euro Click here
Payment is possible by PayPal - no account needed and all major cards accepted.

No comments: