Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kitchen Table

After two weeks of fairly dreadful weather at last the sun was shining brightly again this morning and I had hardly finished my breakfast when I quickly set up my Guerillabox in our kitchen to capture the light streaming in through the window.
Usually at this time of year we have breakfast outside at the "Breakfast Table" I painted a little while ago but this year it is far to chilly for that in the morning. Are we really in South West France....????

Kitchen Table by Liza Hirst

oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
sold - verkauft - vendu

3 comments:

Sheila Vaughan said...

Really beautiful light effect in this one Liza - and I thought the cold summer was confined to the north of England!

Edward B. Gordon said...

wonderful painting Liza !

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you both very much!
No, Sheila, unfortunately some of our english guests didn't really feel far from home in regard to the weather. But the last few days have been splendid and I wish you some sunshine, too!