Monday, December 15, 2008

Little Bird's Nest

I found this wonderful piece of art lying in front of my studio door the other day and was fascinated by the masterful creation. Unbelievable that a bird collected all the different elements and put them together only using it's beak! There are leaves, moss, tiny twigs, feathers and .... lots of hair from our dog's coat!!

Little Bird's Nest by Liza Hirst

oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
100 Euro + 10 Euro s/h

If you would like to buy this painting for 100 Euro Click here
Payment is possible by PayPal - no account needed and all major cards accepted.

4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Liza,

How beautiful and moving this piece is. I too would have been in awe and
felt a sense of wonder, but I don't think I could have begun to paint it.
You are sooo good!

Take care,

Barbara

René PleinAir said...

The mother of my Girlfriend sewed
a lot, and in the spring she
always threw her clipped threads
into the garden, because she sewed
for a modern furniture shop she
used a lot of colorful threads.
You can imagine how those birds
use that for their nest, ...

First I thought you painted a
dirtball from your studio hehehe,

Lovely done, but Carson warned
painters never to paint something
unusual!!

Sheila Vaughan said...

Aren't they just so skilful these birds? I found an abandoned nest under some hanging, dead foliage at the end of summer and I only have a small back yard. It was so beautiful but I didn't think to paint it! Great job Liza!

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you, all of you, for your kind comments! I saw a painting of flowers by an old master in a magazine not too long ago. Unfortunately I can't remember who it was. But, in the lower right corner, lying besides the vase, was a beautifully painted little bird's nest which inspired me to paint the one I had found.
Renée, I wish I could have seen a nest created by the birds in that garden! It must have been fantastic!