Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fishpond Family

Fishpond Family by Liza Hirst

oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
Buy it here

Today I would like to introduce you to the work of one of my very best friends, Francesca Spille, who some of you might even know from a painting I made not too long ago ("My friend - always chic). Besides being a beautiful, interesting woman, she is a wonderful artist. After having painted for years she discovered the art of collages and mixed media for herself which she has used in many different ways, producing series of amazing complexity. Most recently her work concentrates mainly on the entourage of Andy Warhol, depicting portraits of his friends, groupies and other contemporaries.
Have a look at her recent work on her new website http://www.fspille.com/index.html! Older work can be seen on her flickr site - just follow the link.

6 comments:

Don Gray said...

Beautiful, Liza--love the glow and the mystery.

René PleinAir said...

Awesome!

You can catch light so easily I am envious about that, those fish are sooo glowing, heart warmingly done!

Barbara Muir said...

Love this. I love how you have the
dark pond feeling, with the glowing, luminous fish. Perfect.

xoxoxoBarbara

Liza Hirst said...

Hi Don,
What a nice surprise to have a comment from you! Thank you very much. I am pleased you like it.
Liza

Liza Hirst said...

Hi René,
was just about to thank you for your kind comment when I got interrupted. What you wrote was so nice! It was their "glowing" that I tried to capture and I am happy you saw it that way!
Thank you!

Liza Hirst said...

Hi Barbara,

It was soooo great to actually talk to you! Thank you for calling - we must repeat that!
And thank you for your comment!
Liza