Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spurred Green Orange

This one I just manage to catch before it flew away! I needed it as a model.
I don't know if this title actually means what I was trying to say. I looked up the german word "beflügelt" in the dictionary and found "spurred" - seems a bit odd to me. In german it means "having wings" and at the same time "feeling uplifted, nearly as if you could fly".

Spurred Green Orange by Liza Hirst

oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
Buy it here


Here's our green orange harvest - does anybody have an idea how they could be transformed into something edible? A recipe maybe?




4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Liza,

I think winged is a good word. You spur someone on by giving them encouragement. What could be more encouraging than being able to fly, or being painted by a famous painter like you.

Lovely,

xoxoxoBarbara

Love the picture of the green oranges and the piggy behind them. I'm sure there's a marmalade, or something like that. More to come on that one.

Liza Hirst said...

Thanks for the input! I wasn't sure if you could say winged, but now I know.
Famous? Who - me? You must be kidding....

Paula Villanova said...

I had to laugh when I first saw this...it reminded me of that beautiful ancient sculpture..."Winged Victory!"

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you, Paula, for leaving a comment. That's why I painted it - I thought it was funny, too.