Thursday, July 16, 2009

Coloured Tablecloth

Coloured Tablecloth by Liza Hirst

oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
sold - verkauft - vendu

Here's a little note that has nothing to do with my painting but as mainly Americans visit my blog, I thought I could give it a try. My German cousin is urgently looking for a guest family in the US (except Florida and California) for her 17 year old son. The organization they have turned to in order to organize a stay for him during the next schoolyear is having great diffiulties finding a family willing to host him. Perhaps you would be interested or know of someone who might be? He is a very nice boy and an excellent pupil. Just write me an email if you have an idea. Thank you!!!

9 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Liza,

This is the scene that brought me to your blog in the first place. Just gorgeous! I guess Canada wouldn't help your cousin. I could probably find her someone in Toronto. Could you email me with the details if the destination can be Canadian?

xoxoxoxoBarbara

PAT MEYER -- said...

How long is he wanting to stay. What grade of school and what special interest. Will ask around to see the interest here in Houston, Texas area if he is interested. Everything is bigger and better in Texas! Yes, we do have some cowboys, rodeos, and cattle around where I live north of Houston. It is called the Piney Woods because of the big Pine trees. PatMeyerdailypainter.blogspot.com and Pat@Meyer.net

Wish I was at that table having some French wine. My favorite.

Jeff Mahorney said...

What a sense of the radiance of sunlight. Beautiful and exciting! :)

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you Barbara,
I think unfortunately Canada is not an option for him.
Liza xxxx

Liza Hirst said...

Thanks to you, too, JMahorny!

Caio Fern said...

hi Liza ! I JUST CAME FRON YOUR BLOG ABOUT ANIMALS , AND STIL WONDERING , I FOUND THIS LOVELY BLOG !!
YOU ARE A VERY GOOD PAINTER !!!

Liza Hirst said...

Hi Caio,

Thanks a lot for your kind comment! I am pleased you enjoyed my work.

Aliaena said...

Hi Liza, Love the colours and composition in this beautiful little painting. Looks very inviting for a summer's day apero. Hope you are having a lovely season, Aliaena

Liza Hirst said...

Hi Aliaena,

You are very welcome to have an apero with me at this table!
How about a weekend trip to the Dordogne?
Thanks for your comment - hope you are also having a nice summer in Paris.