Sunday, September 27, 2009

Evening in Autumn, farmhouse, France

Evening in Autumn by Liza Hirst

oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
sold - verkauft - vendu

On our property there are two buildings, the main house and a big barn, between them a flight of stairs leading to the terrace. In the evening that is where the last rays of sunlight shine through and create a wonderful, pastoral atmosphere, as you can see in this picture. The weather here at the moment is absolutely fantastic!

9 comments:

myra anderson said...

Hi Liza! Did you get my email? I uploaded the video for a second time on YouTube and so far so good! Your latest paintings are as always very beautiful!!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Liza,

I wish we could time travel, and I'd come and visit you, then bring you back to visit me.

Ah well, this is a beautiful painting. It's like time traveling.

xoxoxoxoxBarbara

PAT MEYER -- said...

Oh so peaceful. You made it glow.

Liza Hirst said...

Hi Myra, I hadn't actually seen your email because I was too busy to go online but my husband had (and didn't mention it). So he put the link here on my blog under "featured on". Thank you so much again for that!
I am pleased you like my paintings!

Liza Hirst said...

That would be great, wouldn't it, Barbara! My cousin, her husband and my sister are visiting my brother in Kingston next week and I feel, I should really be there with them and pop in at your house on the way! Another time definitely!

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you, Pat! That's one of the nicest things here - the peacefulness. It is very quiet, only bird's songs and the dog barking every now and then - wonderful.

Barbara Muir said...

Oh Liza,

Yes, pop in stay a couple of days, and we could paint together!

Wow. Super idea.

xoxoxoxoBarbara

Liza Hirst said...

How I would love to!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

what a wonderful place to live.