Friday, November 13, 2009

The Pink Lamp

The Pink Lamp by Liza Hirst

oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
sold - verkauft - vendu

I've painted this corner in my kitchen before, but at that time strong sunshine was streaming in through the window, creating strong contrasts. This was not the case today but somehow I felt like painting it again nevertheless. Then realized, half way through, that this was quite a bit more difficult to paint. The shades on the white walls behind the white chairs - uff! The pink lamp is a joke really - just a fun piece from Ikea but I love the colour combination....

6 comments:

Jeff Mahorney said...

What a beauty! Gorgeous high key scene. Love the way the objects are as crisp and clean as the light. Great painting. :)

Charles Pompilius said...

Beautiful color and composition. I like it!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Liza,

Well -- you've done a beautiful job with the whites. I love this, and the pink lamp from Ikea.

Another gorgeous painting.

xoxoxoxoxBarbara

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

I’m reminded each time I visit your blog how a passion well expressed can inspire. Thanks for sharing, all the very best and a lovely weekend.

Liza Hirst said...

At last I get down to replying to your nice comments! Have been busy with motherly things, actually with writing on an oral commentary about a passage in Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein", believe it or not! Well, sort of - my son needed some help as he was running out of time with all the homework and learning he had to do over the weekend. It seems that every teacher thinks he's the only one who gives homework and that his is the most important to do. Well, anyway, it took me much, much longer than I thought it would and I didn't have time to do anything else really.
Thank you very much for your comments, everyone - I'm thrilled you like my kitchen - and my painting of it!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I LOVE your beautiful home! This is so wonderful. Great color harmony around that pink lamp which is just right for that space!!
The paintings hanging on the walls look fabulous, too.