Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Madame et Monsieur

Madame et Monsieur by Liza Hirst

Oil on canvas, huile sur toile, Öl auf Leinwand
40 cm x 40 cm / 16" x 16"
sold - verkauft - vendu

Here you see what I have been working on over the last few days (weeks actually!) - a commission of some friends of mine as a birthday gift for the lady's mother.
It was fun taking it to their house this afternoon - for one thing the painting was very well received and secondly it went along with an invitation to a charming little lady's tea party, topped with sparkling champagne in the early evening. Thank you very much, Monique!!

10 comments:

Mitzi Easley said...

GREAT job Liza! Congratulations to both you and your collector. Happy New Year!

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Liza, beautiful work! I love this double portrait! Have fun at the tea party, and congratulations!

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you, Mitzi! Happy New Y>ear to you, too!!

Liza Hirst said...

Thanks a lot, Nancy! I am pleased you like it and I wish you a nice evening and a wonderful New Year 2010!!

Unknown said...

Thank you Liza for the nice work you did on us!
I'm sure my parents will be delighted.

The afternoon we spent with Audrey and Ling gave me a lot of energy. You are all wonderful people! Hope we can meet up together more often!

Wishing you a very happy 2010 with all the people that you love.


Avec toutes nos amitiés,

Jacques et Monica (alias Monique ;-))

Liza Hirst said...

How nice to find a comment from you here, Monica! Thank you not only for your kind words and the commission but also for a lovely afternoon, which I also enjoyed immensly!! Have a good trip to Holland!

Barbara Muir said...

Wow Liza,

you are just an amazing portrait artist. How lovely. They must be over the moon happy.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxBarbara

Liza Hirst said...

Hi Barbara, sorry for the late reply - everything is so busy at the moment...
Thank you for your comment - yes, they were very pleased it seemed, and I was quite happy with the result too.

Nicki said...

This is beautiful, at first glance I thought it might be a photo... I'm sure it was well received indeed.

Congratulations,
Nicki

Liza Hirst said...

Hi Nicki,
How nice to hear from you again.
Thank you for leaving your kind comment and good luck with your own work, which I just had a look at - your water paintings are stunning!!