Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tulips

Tulips by Liza Hirst

oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
sold - verkauft - vendu

These tulips are the last I will have picked in my garden, so I felt like saving them in a painting. I am happy that we are moving out at this time of the year because that way we will be leaving with a memory of all the fresh green and all the colourful flowers that blossom in spring, instead, for instance, of what it looks like in winter .

5 comments:

graziano tessarolo said...

I can not write too much in English so I just say that I really like your paintings. Sorry for my little English. Brava!!! Graziano

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you so much, Graziano!
Your english so far was perfect!

Barbara Muir said...

I can't believe I didn't tell you I love this. So magnificent!

Happy painting and packing.

xoxoxoxoxoBarbara

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you, Barbara! But you are sooo busy yourself that I well understand!

padmaja said...

Hi Liza,

All your compositions from the "wedding" are well captured.. I particularly loved the couple engaged in a conversation.. Loved the way you handles these tulips too.