Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dutch Bridge

Dutch Bridge by Liza Hirst

acryliques on canvas panel - Acryl auf Malplatte - acryliques sur carton entoilé
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
Buy it here

First of all - I wish all my readers a very "Happy Easter", hopefully with family and/or friends and enjoying such wonderful weather as we are at the moment in Germany!
I painted this from a photo I took in Holland last week. It would be nice to go back sometime and paint "en plein air". The dutch atmosphere is quite special and reminded me so much of one of my very favourite painters, "Jan Vermeer".

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Astoundingly beautiful,

I am so enjoying your travels.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoBarbara

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you, my dear Barbara. I wish you lots of fun on your own trip to New York!