Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bombay Dreams

Bombay Dreams by Liza Hirst

This is my last painting of Goettingen for the moment, painted from a photo, in my London studio. I am back here, back to oils and hopefully back to "me" again. Working with acryliques turned out to be not the right thing for me and I thoroughly enjoyed using oils again today. Apart from the medium it was also the subject that inspired me, the vibrant colours and light. This is the sidewalk table of a tiny "restaurant" called "Bombay Dreams" - a name so perfect!

oil on wood panel - Öl auf Holzplatte - huile sur plaque de bois
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
sold - verkauft - vendu

2 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautiful- love this one. The temperature and value shifts in the umbrellas is gorgeously done!!

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you, Kathy!