Monday, September 08, 2014

Where East meets City





















oil on wood panel - Öl auf Holz - huile sur bois
15cm x 15cm / 5,9" x 5,9"

sold

Trying to get back into it...

Thank you sooo much to the kind people among my blog visitors (you know who you are) who have taken the time and made the effort to write to me and tell me that they miss seeing my paintings here. You can't imagine how happy that made me and what great motivation your feedback has been for me to start painting again.  Thank you!
It won't be on quite the same regular basis like in the old days but I'll do the most possible.

I can nearly hear you thinking... 'well, what is she doing instead then?'.
Just so much, my husband and I opened a shop/gallery for art and design in London two and  half years ago which is going very well and thus needs a lot of attention.  


7 comments:

CHRIS MURRAY said...

Good to see you back-looking forward to your new paintings!

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you, Chris! I hope I'll get the flow into them again.

Barbara Muir said...

Wow Liza,

I love the painting, and have missed seeing your work so much. Post whenever you can, and your fans will be delighted. I know you are busy
with your shop -- a huge venture!

It made me so happy to see you back!!!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

René PleinAir said...

No that's a long time ago!!

Great to see some work from you, hope you find some little time to keep it up. On the other hand I wish you all the best with the gallery/shop.

If you run out of work to exhibit, just give me an address ;-) :-P

Liza Hirst said...

Barbara, apart from painting itself another enjoyable thing that goes with it is reading lovely posts like yours! Thanks so much for the warm welcome back message!
Love to you,
Liza

Liza Hirst said...

Yes René, I could imagine you had meanwhile given up on me as a painter...?
I do hope to be able to keep it up and get a bit looser again. Besides my own paintings the artwork we sell in our shop is mainly prints because originals don't sell well enough. Partly due to higher prices - but apart from that we are located in a very young trendy area and my/your work simply isn't quirky and modern enough for those customers.
Thanks a lot for your nice comment!
Liza

Obiuser said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.