Thursday, November 05, 2009

Autumn Item



oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
Buy it here

Initially I had planned to paint some more of our tins, but then I found these nice mushrooms just outside my kitchen door this morning and changed my mind.
The little ceramic plate was made by my friend Jaqueline - it is simple but at the same time very special because it has a beautiful midnight blue glaze, which unfortunately doesn't show here.

4 comments:

Sheila Vaughan said...

Really nice painting Liza - those colours are super and an unusual set up. It really works well.

Barbara Muir said...

A lovely subtle palette. Beautiful painting Liza.

xoxoxoxoxoxoBarbara

Lisa Daria said...

Beautiful

Liza Hirst said...

Hi everyone, sorry for the late reply - sometimes I simply need time off from the internet.
Thank you all very much for leaving
your kind comments!
Lisa Daria, it was great pleasure to discover your blog! Your art is stunning - beautiful colours, wonderful brushwork!! Thank you.