Friday, March 09, 2018

Into the Village





















oil on canvas - Öl auf Leinwand - huile sur toile
60 x 60 cm / 23,6 x 23,6"

This is a larger version of the last painting I posted.  I have been struggling with it over the last week and was more than once on the verge of wiping it all out. This morning I attempted it one last time by trying out painting with a spatula instead of brushes for the first time ever. And voilà! it worked much better than before and was good fun, too. 
I find it quite a bit more difficult to paint in a larger size after having concentrated mainly on the smaller daily paintings for many years - but I am enjoying the challenge!  


£3600 plus s/h

Buy it here

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Gorgeous and I love the touch of brilliant pink -- reminds me of William Wray -- not the painting just the surprise pink. Beautiful work!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you, Barbara! After painting so many muted winter colours I needed some bright colours and decided to prime my canvas with bright pink. I love it and am please you like it, too!