Friday, February 26, 2010

Listening

Listening by Liza Hirst

oil on canvas panel - Öl auf Malplatte - huile sur carton entoilé
15 cm x 15 cm / 5,9" x 5,9"
Buy it here

Time for me to "move on"! We were invited for lunch yesterday by friends of ours who are not only wonderful people but who also have one of the most beautiful houses I have seen so far. Visiting these friends always seems like taking a holiday at a wellness farm or something like that - I feel so pampered and spoilt by them!
And at last I got some new inspiration which I was lacking desperately!
I took a few photos and plan to paint from them over the next days. Here's the first one of our host Barbara, which I might attempt a second time tomorrow because I actually envisioned it with slightly different colours and a bit more abstract. But I like this one too, so that's why I am posting it.

4 comments:

Karen Appleton said...

Oh I like this one too Liza! I love the rich purple combined with the less saturated one against the pale yellows and golds!!! What a great portrait composition too!!

Barbara Muir said...

I love this painting Liza -- the ease of the pose, the feeling you've given us of being right there. What a beautiful woman!

Great painting.

xoxoxoxoBarbara

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you Karen!I am very pleased you like my painting, especially because you seem to understand why I painted it. I was sitting opposite of my friend and suddenly thought "wow, what a beautiful colour combination!"

Liza Hirst said...

Thank you very much, Barbara.
Yes, my friend is a beautiful woman and a lovely person, too.
I guess that's partly what made me want to paint her, too.